437 leather bound books on his bookshelf
45 poems written (none published yet)
27 of 39 Shakespeare plays attended
With a wide-ranging and highly curious intellect, it comes as no surprise that Dan's passion is learning. When he's not learning about his clients, he loves learning about science, literature and music. He is a student of Shakespeare, Dickens and Frost. He loves classical and modern music, including Mozart, Joe Bonamassa, Jimi Hendrix, and The Black Keys. He also has a passion for running, hiking, skiing and bike riding. He loves long Sunday morning runs while listening to a good book or enjoying great music. Naturally, he finds providing solutions to the complex business and tax issues his clients face intellectually invigorating. Dan's expertise in both federal and state taxation - not to mention his upbeat and responsive style - endears him to clients and colleagues alike. While many of his clients are mature businesses, he has also provided tax solutions to over 180 start-up businesses, including both private and small public companies. His clients include fast-growth technology companies (i.e., software, online services and game development), life sciences ventures, manufacturers and professional services firms.
- Technology based business transactions
- Start-up business set-up and structuring
- Research based tax incentives
- ASC 740 (formally FAS 109) and FIN 48 computation and review
- Multistate nexus consulting and state voluntary disclosure/amnesty arrangements
- Mergers, acquisition and business buy/sale transactions
- Executive compensation (including stock options, restricted stock, and profits interest arrangements)
- Serviced as a tax adviser to over 150 start-up companies.
- Assisted Washington companies with developing tax efficient multistate business expansion strategies.
- Obtained $4.2 million in B&O tax refunds for clients in the past five years.
- Successfully managed client tax audits, including negotiation of reduced assessments.
- Assisted over 100 clients with planning and executing tax efficient business start-up and exit structures.
- Brigham Young University, B.S., Double Major: Business Finance/Accounting
- Brigham Young University, Masters in Accounting with an emphasis on taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Interactive Network (WIN), Board member